- Join CCL’s weekly Introductory Conference Call, held every Wednesday at 8 PM, to learn about the background, philosophy and methodology of CCL. If this time isn’t convenient for you, you can also watch a recorded version.
- Visit the New Volunteers page on CCL Community, the resource website for CCL volunteers. While you’re there, you can click on “Register” in the upper-right corner to create an account on CCL Community.
- Sign up on the national CCL website (click on the “Join CCL” button) to get our monthly newsletter.
- Sign up for an Ann Arbor CCL Action Team.
- Attend our monthly meetings, always on the 2nd Saturday, 12:45 – 2:45 pm. Check our website for location.
- Join our Google Group to share information and ideas with other Ann Arbor CCL members. To join, click on the link and then click on the Apply for Membership link, or send an email to email@example.com.
- Read through some of the Laser Talks and practice them on your friends and family.
- Sign up to receive Action Alert text messages.
- Look up your congressional district. Write down your MOC phone numbers & address. Find their website and bookmark their webform so you can send them regular communications.
- Fill out a constituent comment form online. Your responses will be formatted into an individual letter, printed and delivered to your Representative and Senators.
- Send a link to the constituent comment form (http://tiny.cc/DearCongress) to your friends and family and ask them to fill it out.
- Join our LTE Opportunity Google Group to get notifications for opportunities to submit letters-to-the-editor. Request to join by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write a letter to the editor (LTE). Learn how to write a LTE here. Here are some more tips.
- Social Media. Like CCL and Michigan CCL on Facebook. Follow CCL and Michigan CCL on Twitter.
- Volunteer to write a blog post for ourwebsite.
- Join our one of our Outreach Action Teams to volunteer for tabling opportunities and/or planning/making presentations to the community.
- Ask groups you belong (work, churches/mosques/synagogues, non-profits) if they would be interested in a presentation about Climate Change and CCL’s solution.
- Tell friends or family in other parts of the state or country about CCL, especially those in more conservative regions. Share this CCL Introductory video.
- Look for opportunities for a CCL table (events, fairs, churches, farmers markets, etc).
- Put us in touch with anyone you know in Congressional District 10 (the Thumb area), or Congressional District 7 (especially in the Jackson area).
- Talk about climate change and putting a price on carbon. Bring it up in conversations with friends, family, and neighbors. If you go to a presentation, bring it up in the Q&A.
- Make phone calls every month to remind volunteers of the meeting.
- Help maintain chapter roster; enter contact information from sign-up sheets after tabling events.
- Help plan occasional social events for volunteers.
- Help facilitate monthly meetings (arrange location, set-up, etc).
LTE – Letter to the editor
MOC – Member of Congress
CFD – Carbon Fee and Dividend