Lots of information in this message:
- Next Meeting Date
- Upcoming Events
- CCL Ann Arbor Google Group
- September Actions
- September Meeting Summary
Next Meeting Date
So as not to conflict with the Detroit March for Justice on October 3 (see below), we have rescheduled the October meeting for:
The meeting time is 10am because there is a 3:30 UM football game this day, and we will be listening to recording of the national call.
Events of Interest
- Green Drinks: update on the Climate Action Plan. Wednesday, September 23, 5:00-6:30, Ecology Center (339 E Liberty, Suite 300).
- Climate Change Summit aimed at those age 50 and up. Friday, September 25, 7-9:30pm & Saturday, September 26, 9am-6pm, Zion Lutheran Church (1501 W. Liberty). *** See note below about tabling for this event
- 350.org Power Through Paris organizing workshop on how to build momentum in the climate movement as we head towards the Paris climate talks. Saturday, September 26, 10am, First United Methodist Church.
- Can We Achieve Sustainability within a Capitalist System? Lecture by Dr. Paul Robbins (University of Wisconsin-Madison) and faculty panel discussion. Thursday, October 1, 4-6pm, Dana Building, UM Campus.
- Detroit March For Justice. Saturday, October 3, noon-4pm, Roosevelt Park to Hart Plaza. A group from Ann Arbor will be going, as well as from other Michigan CCL Chapters. Let me know if you’re thinking about going, and be sure to RSVP using the link above.
*** If you are available to help with tabling at the Climate Change Summit on September 26, between 11:30am – 1pm, please let me know. Larry Junck will be there and it would be helpful to have one or two more to help answer questions.
CCL Google Group
The CCL Ann Arbor Google Group is Citizens Climate Lobby Ann Arbor. The group is intended as a way for members of the group to exchange information on topics of interest. Messages sent to the group are received by all members of the group. To Join the group, either visit the web page and click on the link to subscribe, or send me an email and I’ll add you. Once you are a member, you can send a message to the group by sending it to: citizens-climate-lobby-ann-
Here are the suggested actions for the month of September. Any and all can participate — the more the better! Please do what you can. For more information on writing letters, see the attached Action Sheet document. If you send letters to your MOC or get a letter to the editor published, please let me know so I can keep a tally.
- Write letters to the editor and op-eds related to the Pope’s visit to the US and appearance before a joint session of congress next week.
- Write letters to your members of Congress, highlighting the Pope’s visit and calling for action on change.
- Bonus: Ask Republican Representatives to co-sponsor the Gibson resolution on climate change that was introduced Thursday, and participate in the Congressional Call-In on Monday, September 28.
Group Leader, Ann Arbor Chapter